Once you’ve confirmed your request is aligned with the Foundation’s priorities, a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) can be submitted at any time during the year. However, if you would like your LOI to be considered during a particular Board meeting month, we recommend submitting the LOI at least one month prior to that month. For instance, if you would like your LOI considered at the April board meeting, we recommend submitting it in March.
Please submit your LOI in the form of a letter on the organization’s letterhead under the signature of the Executive Director. If the primary contact is someone else, please provide contact information within the letter. Limited to two pages (not including attachments), your LOI should address the following:
- Description of the organization, including a statement of mission
- Purpose of the funding request
- Total cost of the project, the amount requested, and fundraising status
In addition to the letter, please attach the following:
- List of Donors contributing to the request to date; for operating requests, provide a list of all major donors; for specific requests (e.g., capital, project, program), provide a list of supporters specific to the need
- Copy of the applicant’s IRS Determination letter
- Board Roster
The LOI and attachments should be in the form of a PDF prior to submission. If you lack the capacity to produce PDFs, please contact the Foundation staff and we can facilitate your submission using other methods.
To submit your LOI and supporting documents, click here.